We included many exciting new features on the Factory Team GT2, one of them being Team Associatedâ€™s new Posi-Lock quick-change rear wheel system. The Posi-Lock quick-change has a five-lug self-aligning design that allows for the fastest possible pit stops without having to worry about lining up the wheel onto a hex or drive pin. The Posi-Lock quick-change system is lightweight for reduced unsprung weight and rotating mass for faster acceleration and a more responsive suspension.
The Factory Team GT2 offers more punch and durability due to the all-new 4.09:1 ratio transmission. Power enters the gearbox through a more efficient dual-disc slipper clutch that lays the power down and helps save the drive-train during hard landings. The GT2â€™s new 2-shoe clutch is adjustable with optional springs that will transfer the power down to the ground in all track conditions. The GT2â€™s large diameter clutch fits SG type crankshafts and includes larger, more reliable heavy-duty ball bearings. A free-floating disc brake on the top shaft insures smooth, fade-free brakes during long A-mains. The drag brake is conveniently adjusted by turning the included thumb wheel.
The GT2 chassis is composed of a hard-anodized 6061 aluminum chassis plate with a molded front kick-up and a modular radio tray. The “dual-deck” layout provides the optimum front-to-rear chassis stiffness, allowing the race-proven suspension to keep the GT2 hooked up. The GT2â€™s radio tray features a sealed receiver box to protect electronics from fuel splashes and is easily removed for quick clean up. The newly designed fuel tank has a large lever for easy access and the quickest fuel stops. Floating fuel tank mounts reduce vibration and minimize the shock from hard landings. The GT2 also sports a sealed battery box, which keeps the receiver battery safe and secure.
All new suspension geometry makes the GT2 the best-handling gas truck ever. The new suspension components are optimized for maximum durability and long-lasting performance. The front and rear suspension mounts interlock to the chassis to keep the suspension geometry consistent and durable. Rebuildable CVA drive shafts, full ball bearings, molded front and rear shock towers, and a ball bearing dual bell-crank steering system with adjustable servo saver complete the package.
- 4:09:1 ratio gear box
- Hi-Torque 2-Shoe clutch
- Posi-Lock Quick-Change System
- Hard anodized 6061 aluminum chassis with molded kickup
- Blue aluminum front bulkhead
- Blue aluminum hinge pin brace
- Blue “Smoothy” tuned pipe and manifold
- Rear suspension mounts are keyed to the chassis for maximum strength and consistent settings
- Easy-to-remove radio tray
- Sealed receiver box with embossed AE logo
- New easy-to-open 82cc fuel tank for fast pit stops
- New a-arm design and material for maximum durability
- New heavy-duty steering blocks
- Molded front and rear shock towers
- Dual bellcrank steering with adjustable servo saver
- Vertical ball stud adjustment on both front and rear upper link
- New rod ends with aluminum pivot balls