Serpent factory race team driver Mark Green has won the 1:8 Pre-Worlds held in Cordoba, Argentina over the weekend. Â The UK racer was in top form with his 2007 spec Serpent 960 winning the well attended event by a one lap margin from reigning European 1:10 Champion Dario Balestri.
Attracting a star line up of drivers including current World Champion Lamberto Collari, the event was watched by 3,000 spectators who witnessed a thrilling race between Green and Balestri.
Green, supported by mechanic Rafael Angulo, kept his cool despite intense pressure from the young Italian and took advantage of the good tyre wear on his 960, only requiring one tyre stop, to win the event and collect important data for Team Serpent ahead of the Worlds which take place in Argentina in October.
1. Mark Green (Serpent) – 190 laps
2. Dario Balestri (Motonica) – 189 laps
3. Marco Vanni (Mugen) – 186 laps
4. Walter Salemi (Mugen) – 186 laps
5. Stefano Solaroli (Mugen) – 174 laps
6. Masao Tanaka (Motonica) – 167 laps
7. Flavius Elias (Mugen) – 161 laps
8. Sebastian Recico (Mugen) – 67 laps
9. Keisuke Fukuda (Mugen) – 65 laps
10.Lamberto Collari (Kyosho) – 50 laps
Source : Serpent