Italian 1:8 National Championship
Round 1, Messina
Expert Final Results
1. Alberto Picco – 272 laps in 01:00:10.086
2. Cristiani Andrea (Serpent 960) – 271 laps in 01:00:01.012
3. Lamberto Collari – 268 laps in 01:00:12.314
4. Marco Vanni – 267 laps in 01:00:04.743
5. Massimo Fantini (Serpent 960) – 265 laps in 01:00:02.980
6. Domenico Calce – 253 laps in 01:00:01.565
7. Stefano Puccinelli – 196 laps in 01:00:05.258
8. Carmine Raiola – 187 laps in 43:09.665
9. Michele Romagnoli – 179 laps in 56:12.918
10.Daniele Ielasi – 121 laps in 27:22.129
Promising young Italian Serpent driver Andrea Cristiani got his 2007 National Championship campaign off to an impressive start over the weekend finishing on the podium with two of the sport’s legends – Alberto Picco and 7 times World Champion Lamberto Collari.
Held at the Messina track and run to the ame format as the World Championships, the opening round saw the current European 1:8 B Champion qualify his Serpent 960 4th fastest with team-mate Massimo Fantini securing the 2nd fastest time during the heats which were of 10-minute duration.
The winner of the recent EC-B ‘Warm Up’ race in Slovenia, Cristiani drove a superb final setting the third fastest lap time enrounte to taking a fine second place. With his fastest being faster than both of the legends he joined on the podium, the young Italian finished just one lap down on the winner Picco after 1 hour of racing. Â Fantini made it two Serpent 960s in the top half of the final coming home in 5th position.
Source : Serpent