Last Sunday saw racers gathered at the Halifax circuit, host of the 2005 European Â Championships, for the second round of the BRCA Rubber Touring and Truck class, Saturday saw team Elite drivers Jason Fox, Mark Christopher and Lee Chapman all working together to find a good set up on their Elite Power fuelled Mega MF12 powered Serpent 720s. It was clear that Jason had found a set up suited to his driving style as his truck looked exceptionally quick and stable.
Sunday qualifying saw Jason TQ ahead of Mark and Lee making it a top three for the Serpent 720/MF combinations.
Jasonâ€™s time was actually quicker than the rubber tyred touring car of last years class winner David Hall, showing how well the Serpent Racing Truck body handles, the class rules don’t allow for any rear spoilers to keep the realism, but the speeds they can still achieve are impressive.
In the Final Mark Christopher jumped into the lead and after half an hours racing took the win after Jason and Lee both hit technical difficulties which allowed upcoming driver Matthew Williams to claim second place, Matthew was also driving a Serpent 720 with Mega power.
1/10th IC Truck
A Final Results
1. (2) Mark ChristopherÂ Â Â – 94 laps in 1810.65
2. (6) Matthew WilliamsÂ Â Â – 69 laps in 1802.00
3. (7) Michael Lloyds – 68 laps in 1800.75
4. (4) Anthony LoveringÂ Â Â – 66 laps in 1808.05
5. (9) Gary McArther – 63 laps in 1798.39
6. (5) Craig Nutting – 32 laps in 694.79
7. (1) Jason Fox – 12 laps in 248.24
8. (8) Andrew Oulton – 7 laps in 146.36
9. (3) Lee Chapman – DNS
10.(10)Bob Harley – DNS
Source : Serpent