Belgian 235mm National Championship
Round 2, Luxembourg
Result A Final
1. Capelleman Roger – 81 laps in 30:05.112
2. Nijskens Pieter – 79 laps in 30:14.397
3. Heremans Leo – 79 laps in 30:16.471
4. Wuyts Willy – 78 laps in 30:06.196
5. Van Calster Danny – 73 laps in 30:15.130
6. Deyaert Toon – 72 laps in 30:08.236
7. Steylaerts Luc – 68 laps in 30:10.821
8. Wauters Luc – 59 laps in 30:12.221
9. Rijcks Chef – 59 laps in 30:15.470
10.Anckaert Pieter – 57 laps in 22:22.056
Former top level 1:8 racer Roger Capelleman showed he has not lost any of his pace by winning the 2nd Round of the Belgian 235mm National Championships over the weekend.
Racing on the superb Luxembourg track, which has recently undergone some refurbishment work, Capelleman dominated the final with his Serpent 835 setting the fastest lap of the race enroute to to winning by a margin of three laps from Pieter Nijskens.
Nijskens snatched the runners up spot from Leo Heremans on the last lap after the latter was hit by another competitor and dropped to third.
Top Qualifier for the race was Toon Deyaert from Willy Wuyts but both drivers had a disappointing final finishing 6th and 4th respectively.
Source : Serpent