BRCA 1:8 British National Championship
Round 5, Halifax
1. Tim Wood (Serpent/Mega) – 83 laps in 1805.08
2. Gareth Bell – 81 laps in 1800.76
3. Andrew North – 81 laps in 1804.25
4. Richard Hicklin (Serpent/Mega) – 76 laps in 1803.56
5. James Connolly – 74 laps in 1809.53
6. Christopher Heath – 61 laps in 1560.43
7. Chris Edwards (Serpent/JP) – 58 laps in 1802.58
8. John Carr (Serpent/Mega) – 50 laps in 1096.89
9. Dave Dixon – DNS
10.Matthew Li (Serpent) – DNS
Last weekend saw a return to winning form for Tim Wood in the fifth Round of the BRCA 1:8 British National Championship at Halifax. Â The first win of the season for Wood, the victory was the fifth straight win for Serpent’s 960 in the championship for which the Michael Salven penned car is the defending champion.
All racers had the opportunity of a dry run in qualifying but it was Wood who set TQ driving
his Mega MF powered Serpent 960.
Starting the final from the front, the Elite RC team driver had an early tussle with Mugen driver Andy North. With the track drying and the 960 being kinder on the damp tyres it was soon the Serpent that set the overall pace to come home first with a 2 lap advantage after 30 minutes of racing.
The latest result means Serpent’s stronghold on the 2007 BRCA Championship continues, winning every round so far. Complimenting Tim’s Halifax win for Serpent, defending champion Richard Hicklin secured 4th overall with John Carr, Chris Edwards and Matthew Li also in the main final.
Source : Serpent