After winning many industry awards and race titles including the 2007 RC Car Action Magazine Car of the Year and the Readers Choice Car of the year and the 2007 ROAR National Championships, Team Losi Racing now offer the same great winning vehicle only in a Race Roller version. All of same innovative features and specs that make the 8IGHT Competition Buggy a winner carry over to the 8IGHT Race Roller except factory assembled and ready to go. Team Losi Racing introduced the Race Roller with the 8IGHT-T Truggy that combined cutting-edge vehicle design with precise, at-the-factory assembly; Race Rollers are dialed right out of the box.
The 8IGHT Race Roller is a competition buggy chassis that has been hand assembled and tuned to exacting specifications. Each and every screw is installed to specific torque settings to maintain consistent construction. Additionally, every screw or bolt that secures metal-to-metal contact features thread lock to prevent backing out or loosening due to vibration. The clutch assembly is also completely assembled and ready to install on the engine of your choosing (engine not included), and the differentials and shocks are pre-built and filled with 100% pure silicone fluid. Once assembled, the 8IGHT Race Roller is given a complete inspection to ensure that it meets Team Losi Racingâ€™s requirements for durability and performance. You can be sure that your 8IGHT Race Roller is ready for serious competition as soon as you open the box
The narrow drivetrain layout positions the motor more centrally than common designs. This keeps the mass closer to the center line for quicker response, sharper handling, and makes it easier for the shocks to provide a plush ride
- Factory-assembled, Race Roller format
- Truggy-inspired XBT tire tread design
- Body graphics for at-home professional looking paint jobs
- “Natural” tuning guide for the novice to the expert
- Unique narrow chassis configuration for quicker handling and ground clearance
- Innovative drivetrain layout with centrally mounted engine
- Oversized shocks with threaded hard anodized shock bodies
- Centrally located dual stage air cleaner
- 4mm thick machined and hard anodized aluminum chassis plate
- Removable one-piece radio tray with separate boxes for the receiver and battery
- Two battery box tops for different size receiver packs
- Staggered brake disk sizes for better brake balance and feel
- Sealed front and rear differential housings keep dirt out of the gears
- Zero bump steer design with adjustable Ackerman
- Captured hinge pins require no retaining clips
- Machined premium aluminum 5mm thick alloy shock towers
- Four shoe easily tuned clutch with oversized inner bearing
Type: Competition Buggy Race Roller
Length: 19.5 in (495mm)
Width: 12.13 in (308mm)
Wheelbase: 12.64-12.80 in (321-325mm)
Chassis: 4mm hard-anodized T-6 aluminum
Suspension: H-Arm, fully independent
Drive Train: Offset drive with 3 selaed differentials
Tire Type: XTB Buggy Tires
Motor or Engine: Not included (.21, rear exhaust required)
Kit/RTR: Race Roller
Shock Type: Oversized hard-anodized, threaded bodies/ 4mm shafts
Body: Clear with graphic decals
Ball Bearings: Complete
Fuel Tank Capacity: Adjustable
Front and rear differentials and housings are sealed, protecting each diff from foreign matter that can affect performance and durability. The tight tolerance diff gears take advantage of the viscous effect for superior traction and acceleration.
XBT, a tire that can handle a variety of track conditions confidently right out of the box. The tires and foam inserts are pre-glued on lightweight Team Losi Racing dish wheels
A front/rear staggered disc system with a larger diameter front rotor provides the greatest possible brake balance and feel. This advanced system helps control brake over-heating and delivers consistent, superior braking at any speed.
The adjustable Ackerman steering rack provides better turn-in and precise control as well as additional tuning options to help you drive comfortably at speed on a broad range of conditions.
The oversized, precision machined aluminum shock bodies are hard anodized for smooth operation and wear resistance. Threaded shock collars offer easy yet precise adjustment of pre-load and ride height.
Source : Horizon Hobby