Yuya Sahashi is the 2007 Japanese 1:8 National Champion. Racing over the weekend at Central Racing Park, the international racing star clinched the presitgious title in style winning the event with his Mega powered Serpent 960 ’07 by almost a full lap.
In qualifying Yuya TQ’d ahead of brother Tadahiko by just under a second with Takahiro Terauchi making it a Serpent 1,2,3 on the grid for the Main Final. In total four Serpent’s started the final, making the 960 the best represented car.
Making the most of his No.1 starting position, Yuya drove a superb 45-minute final to take the win from defending Champion Keisuke Fukuda. Joining him on the podium was Takahiro making it a great result for the famous Sahashi brothers.
Terauchi also drove a great race to finish 4th just ahead of fellow Serpent racer Toshiyuki Iwamoto making it a great combined result for Team Serpent with four cars finishing in the Top 5.
One the world’s toughest National Championships, the result comes as a great boost for the Sahashi brothers as they prepare to form part of the Serpent team that will travel to Argentina next month for the IFMAR 1:8 World Championship.
2007 JMRCA 1/8th National Championship
Final Round, Central Racing Park
Main Final Result
1. Yuya Sahashi (Serpent/Mega ZX)- 166 laps in 45:07.995
2. Keisuke Fukuda (Mugen/Ninja) – 165 laps in 45:06.624
3. Tadahiko Sahashi (Serpent/Mega ZX) – 162 laps in 45:07.208
4. Takahiro Terauchi (Serpent/Novarossi) – 162 laps in 45:13.807
5. Toshiyuki Iwamoto (Serpent/Novarossi) – 161 laps in 45:10.157
6. Takaaki Shimo (Kyosho/OS) – 160 laps in 45:11.408
7. Kazuya Yuruki (Mugen/Novarossi) – 153 laps in 45:05.586
8. Masao Tanaka (Motonica/Novarossi) – 151 laps in 45:07.995
9. Shinya Shimazaki (Mugen/Ninja) – 147 laps in 45:08.629
10.Tsuguo Kitade (Kyosho/Novarossi) – 143 45:16.170
Source : Serpent