The Serpent UK team of Mark Green, Tim Wood and Richard Hicklin could not have achieved a better result for the 960 over the weekend at Tibshelf when the trio completed the A Final podium for the ninth round of the BRCA British 1:8 National Championships.
Starting from pole, Green cruised home to take his 6 and Serpent’s 8 win of the 2007 Championships with Round 5 winner Tim Wood coming home second ahead of current Champion and Round 3 winner Richard Hicklin. All three drivers were using Mega engines.
With rounds remaining in the championship Green currently leads the standings by nine points.
Unfortunately the weekend’s race was the last ever to be held on the Tibshelf track as noise problems have led to it closure however the Tibshelf club, who have run at the track for over 30 years, hope to find a new location at which to build an all new nitro track.
BRCA 1:8 British National Championship
Round 9, Tibshelf
A Final Result
1. Mark Green (Serpent 960/Mega) – 147 laps in 30m02.632
2. Tim Wood (Serpent 960/Mega) – 146 laps in 30m07.258
3. Richard Hicklin (Serpent 960/Mega) – 146 laps in 30m12.002
4. Gareth Bell – 143 laps in 30m07.854
5. Neil Diver – 142 laps in 30m01.396
6. Andrew Hastings – 139 laps in 30m05.675
7. Pete Hastings – 139 laps in 30m08.195
8. Andrew North – 88 laps in 30m09.123
9. Chistopher Heath – 88 laps in 30m10.672
10.Dave Dixon – 0 laps
Source : Serpent