The final and title deciding round of the Belgian 235mm National Championships took place at the Roeselare track over the weekend with young star Toon Deyaerts and veteran racer Roger Capelleman in battle to become the 2007 Champion.
In qualifying Deyaerts held the advantage qualifying 2nd behind Top Qualifier Willy Wuyts while Capelleman posted the fourth fastest time.
In the final the on form Wuyts lead the way for the opening five minutes before he and Deyaerts touched allowing Leo Heremans to take over the lead.
After several position changes Wuyts, who recorded the fastest lap of the race, was able to retake the lead which he would maintain till the end to record his first win of the season.
Heremans took second with Deyaerts completing the podium, after title rival Capelleman dropped out of the position in the final 2 minutes of the race, which was enough for the teenager to clinch the title.
All drivers were racing Serpent’s 835 1:10 235mm chassis fitted with Porsche GT3 bodyshells.
Belgian 235mm National Championship
Round 6, Roeselare
Result A Final
1. Willy Wuyts – 98 laps in 30:02.252
2. Heremans Leo – 97 laps in 30:07.848
3. Deyaert Tom – 96 laps in 30:00.028
4. Capelleman Roger – 92 laps in 28:20.713
5. Danny Vancalster – 92 laps in 30:17.965
6. De Mulder Tom – 90 laps in 30:13.244
7. Pieter Nijskens – 78 laps in 30:24.204
8. Wauters Luc – 50 laps in 26:00.099
9. Steylaerts Luc – 22 laps in 06:37.727
10.Neils Iris – 10 laps in 10:28.245
Source : Serpent