Serpent British Champions Richard Hicklin and Mark Green gave the 960 ’07 a great to finish to the BRCA National Championship with the pair claiming 1-2 in the eleventh & final round at Brookland over the weekend.
Outgoing champion Hicklin qualified fifth with new 1:8 Champion Green the Top Qualifier but in the final Hicklin just pipped the pole sitter to take his second win of the season.
Finishing second Green, who wrapped up the title at the previous round with a win, recorded his 8th podium finish of the season. Tim Wood, who qualified P2, and Kyle Branson also made the A Final of the meeting which attracted 37 drivers.
Branson, a member of the Serpent Driver Development team and one of the stars of the BRCA 1:10 National Championship in which he finished 3rd, did a fanastic job on his only 1:8 appearance of the season. Not only did he make the A Final but the 13-year-old set the fastest lap of the 30-minute encounter.
All drivers were using Mega engines to power their Serpent 960s.
BRCA 1:8 British National Championship
Round 11, Brookland
A Final Result
1. Richard Hicklin (Serpent 960/Mega MF) – 125 laps in 1809.43
2. Mark Green (Serpent 960/Mega) – 125 laps in 1809.68c
3. Pete Hastings (Mugen) – 122 laps in 1806.41
4. Tim Wood (Serpent 960/Mega) – 98 laps in 1411.49
5. Neil Diver (Mugen) – 96 laps in 1811.49
6. James Connolly (Kyosho) – 76 laps in 1813.59
7. Kyle Branson (Serpent 960/Mega) – 53 laps in 1372.29
8. Dave Dixon (Kyosho) – 16 laps in 387.92
9. Steven Brown – 4 laps in 61.42
10.Gareth Bell (Mugen) – DNS
Source : Serpent