John Sotiropoulos has made the perfect defence of his Greek 1:8 National Championship title winning the final round of the 2007 Championship at Arena to claim the crown for the RCMicroracing Serpent team.
Driving his Mega MF21 7P MASMO powered 960, Sotiropoulos TQ’d for the event ahead of team-mate Mimis Papadopoulos.
In the final Sotiropoulos stormed to victory giving Serpent the perfect season with 6 wins for the 960 from the 6 rounds. Making it a podium double for the Serpent team, Papadopoulos brought his Mega ZX powered example home in third.
Also making the A Final for Serpent were Vaggelis Papachristos, John Fokianos and visiting driver Mirko Morgersten who finished 4th, 8th and 10th respectively.
In the B Final Andreas Makrigiorgos and Nikos Verganelakis added further success for Serpent by finishing on the podium in 2nd and 3rd position.
2007 Greek 1:8 National Championship
1. Sotiropoulos John – SERPENT 960/MEGA MF
2. Anastasiadis Kirikos – MUGEN
3. Papadopoulos Mimis – SERPENT 960/MEGA ZX
4. Papachristos Vaggelis – SERPENT 960/MEGA ZX
5. Bastas Dimitris – MUGEN
6. Tsiapas Aris – KYOSHO
7. Totomis Vaggelis – KYOSHO
8. Fokianos John – SERPENT 960/MEGA MF
9. Farmakis Leonidas – KYOSHO
10.Morgestern Mirko – SERPENT 960/MEGA ZX
Source : Serpent