Novak has diversified its BEC line by adding the 5-Amp BEC with Li-Po Monitor (#5473). This small and lightweight module includes Li-Po monitoring software that alerts the user when the battery voltage pack drops below 6.25 volts. The 5-Amp BEC with Li-Po Monitor was specifically designed as a receiver battery pack voltage regulator to power the receiver and servos in a nitro vehicle.
The 5-Amp BEC with Li-Po Monitor informs racers and beginning drivers the status of their 2S Li-Po receiver battery packs before and after runs, giving drivers the opportunity to charge their batteries before possibly damaging their sensitive 2S Li-Po packs.
The 5-Amp BEC with Li-Po Monitor is designed for use with 2S Li-Po voltage receiver battery packs used in nitro vehicles. The regulator takes input voltage from 6.3 to 8.4 volts, and regulates output to 6 volts to the receiver and servo. This allows the servos to operate at their optimum levels, prevent servo damage and extend runtimes.
The most unique feature of the 5-Amp BEC with Li-Po Monitor is its combination of flashing LEDs. There are two LEDs on the BEC that indicate the charge status of the 2S receiver pack, which is extremely valuable to drivers who want to know when to charge their receiver battery pack. A flashing green LED indicates a fully charged battery pack. A solid green LED indicates an approximate 90 percent charge, and a solid red LED signifies a pack that is lower than 60 percent charged. There is also an externally mountable, ultra-bright blue LED that flashes along with the red LED at 6.25 volts when the low voltage safety level has been reached and the Li-Po battery needs to be charged. This blue LED can be mounted to a vehicleâ€™s radio box or in a place easily visible while the R/C car is in operation.
The 5-Amp BEC with Li-Po Monitor does not have a cutoff feature and will not interrupt throttle or steering at low battery voltages to prevent interference with the operation of the vehicle. This allows for easier setup and installation.
UNIVERSAL BEC FEATURES (#5466, #5465, #5463 & #5460)
- Â Provides consistent power to vehicle electronics during entire charge
- Â On/Off Switch for clean installation and easy operation
- Â Universal JST Plug that fits all popular brand receivers
- Â #5460, #5463 & #5465 feature a blue low voltage indicator LED
- Â #5473 features an externally mountable blue LED that indicates when the low voltage safety level has been reached
- Â #5463 features High-Efficiency Switching Regulator for cool, consistent operation
- Â #5473 features a 2S Li-Po receiver pack voltage indicator to easily and visually determine battery charge status
- #5460, #5465 & #5473 feature a low-voltage operation that maintains consistent voltage and current even when the input voltage falls down to 6.25 volts.
UNIVERSAL BEC SPECIFICATIONS (#5466, #5465, #5463 & #5460)
- Input Voltage:
- 4-22 Ni-MH* or 2-7S Li-Po (#5463)
- 6-8 Ni-MH* or 2S Li-Po (#5460)
- 6-8 Ni-MH* or 2S Li-Po (#5465) [*1.2V/cell]
- 6-8 Ni-MH* or 2S Li-Po (#5473) [*1.2V/cell]
- Output Voltage: 6 Volts
- Output Current: 3 Amps (#5463 & #5460), 5 Amps (#5465 & #5473)
- Input Wire Gauge: 20 AWG
- Output Wire Gauge: 20 AWG (#5463), 26 AWG (#5460, #5465 & #5473)
- Size: 1.0â€ x 0.8â€ / 25.4 x 20.3 mm (#5463); 1â€ x 0.7â€ / 25.4 x 17.8 mm (#5460 & #5465); 1.02″ x 0.70″ x 0.35″ / 25.9 x 17.8 x 8.9 mm (#5473)
- Weight: 0.72 oz. / 20 grams (#5463); 0.3 oz. / 8.5 grams (#5460 & #5465);
0.56 oz. / 16 grams (#5473)
Source : Team Novak