Exclusive from R/C Car Magazine
It pays off to live in Southern California; not only is the weather nearly perfect, but we also find ourselves stumbling upon top-secret factory team testing on a routine basis at the local tracks. We dropped by one of our local hangouts and ran into the Kyosho team testing their newest creationâ€”a 1/10 scale off-road electric stadium truck unofficially named the â€œKyosho RT-5.â€
Kyosho reps stressed that the truck in our photos is still highly pre-production and in full testing mode.
- The RT-5 is based upon Kyoshoâ€™s popular RB-5 electric buggy.
- Overwhelming customer feedback and requests for an electric truck convinced Kyosho to build the RT-5.
- The RT-5 shares the RB-5â€™s transmission and tranny ratio.
- A longer chassis, longer suspension arms, and longer shocks are used.
- Double-thick carbon-fiber shock towers seen in the photos are undergoing testing; production versions may be molded, fiber or carbon fiber.
- There is NO official release date yet, but Kyosho will debut the RT-5 in mid-March at the Cactus Classic in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Kyoshoâ€™s engineer will travel from Japan to attend the Cactus Classic for further development
Source and Detail from : R/C Car Magazine