German 1:8 Regionals Race 3 at Sinzig
New SDD signing Tobias Hepp was in action over the weekend and was showing why the youngster is a man to watch in 1:8. Racing in the third of the German regional races, Hepp showed great talent and maturity qualifying his Mega powered 960 ’08 in second position ahead of veteran team-mate Karl Heinz Meister and a host of other leading drivers including former Euro B Champion Steven Cuypers from Belgium and multiple 235mm European Champion Alain Levy of France.
Unfortunately for young Hepp he was unable to challenge for his first win as just before the start of the direct qualifiers free practice session it started to rain heavily at the Sinzig track and after a drivers’ vote it was decided to declare the result on the Top Qualifier and Semi Final results.
Overall it was a great event for Serpent no less than eight 960s occupying the final Top 10 placings.
German 1:8 Regionals
Race 3, Sinzig
1. Wurst Christian – 20 laps in 5.04.57
2. Hepp Tobias (Serpent 960/Mega) – 20 laps in 5.08.36
3. Meister K.H. (Serpent 960/Mega) – 20 laps in 5.15.06
4. Schewiola Frank (Serpent/Mega) – 20 laps 5.15.37
5. Cuypers Steven (Serpent/Mega)
6. Janz Andreas
7. Levy Alain (Serpent)
8. Brixner Sebastian (Serpent/Mega)
9. Vahrenkamp Ralf (Serpent/Mega)
10.Odenthal Ingo (Serpent)
Source : Serpent