Team Serpent Team Brazil enjoyed success in the second round of the Brazilian National Championships over the weekend when Henrique Winik took his 720 08 to victory at Carrefour SÃ£o Paulo.
Winik was on the pace throughout the weekend but some engine troubles in Saturday qualifying meant he would have to race through to the Main Final via the Semis.
Securing 5th on the grid for the main 45-minute encounter and with his engine now working perfectly, Winik was able to set a new track record as he drove a great and calculated race. Opting to not change tyres during the final the gamble was to pay off as he took the win by 2 laps from Chung Min Hsu giving Team Serpent Brazi the victory once again.
It was a great day for Team Serpent Brazil and all the drivers are hopeful that this form will make for a great season. New to the team and making her National Championship debut was 10-year-old Fernanda Stavich who did a very impressive job as she managed to make the Semi Final with her Serpent.
Brazilian National Championship
Round 2, Carrefour SÃ£o Paulo
1. Henrique Winik (Serpent 720) – 152 laps in 45:05.947 (Fastest lap 16.529)
2. Chung Min Tsu – 150 laps in 45:13.397
3. Gabriel Brito – 148 laps in 45:00.902
4. Leandro Campos – 148 laps in 45:03.804
5. Marcos Mayer – 145 laps in 45:12.988
6. Ricardo Perez – 144 laps in 45:05.176
7. Eduardo Dias – 89 laps in 27:15.777
8. Flavio Elias – 76 laps in 22:56.866
9. Marcio M. Salvagno – 73 laps in 22:29.984
10.Fabian Kaloustian – 2 laps in 00:43.468
Source : Serpent