Mark Green gave Team Serpent UK their third win of the season in the British 1:10 200mm Nationals when he took his Mega powered 720 ’08 to victory in Round 4 at Snetterton over the weekend.
Running to the EFRA Grand Prix format for the first time, the event would see drivers Bump-up finals and feature a 45-minute Main Final. Unfortunately rain washed out the Saturday practice day but race organisers gave competitors a 10-minute free practice session before the serious action got underway on Sunday morning.
After the first round of heats it was SDD star member Kyle Branson, winner of Round 3 of the championship, who held the TQ position. At the end of the four heats it was Serpent Factory driver Mark Green that found himself at the top of the time sheets to secure the TQ just ahead of Branson.
Starting the final from the front row of the grid, the Serpent pairing pulled out a lead with Green leading but soon a very much on form Branson took control up front. Leading until the 30-minute mark, the Sirio supported driver stripped a gear. Despite super quick work by his father Andy to change the gear, Branson dropped to fifth as Mark regained a comfortable lead up front. Setting the fastest lap of the race the former European Junior Champion recovered to 3rd place for a well deserved podium finish giving Serpent another double podium finish.
BRCA British 1:10 200mm National Championship
Round 4, Snetterton
Main Final Result
1. Mark Green (Serpent 720 08)- 194 laps in 45m 10.24
2. Robin Hammett – 193 laps in 45m 7.45
3. Kyle Branson (Serpent 720 08) – 188 laps in 45m 4.55
4. Johnathan Dobney – 180 laps in 45m 2.80
5. Peter Craig – 172 laps in 42m 27.45
6. Simon Wood – 161/45m 13.13
7. Alex Thurston (Serpent 720 08) – 145 laps in 38m 54.69
8. Adam Walker Catchpole – 139 laps in 33m 1.01
9. Aaron Wearn – 118 laps in 35m 22.56
10.Chris Slater – 41 laps in 16m 45.89
Source : Serpent