Novak has reinvented the HV Pro High-Voltage Brushless ESCs yet again since it was released in 2006. The series now includes new programming, built-in Li-Po Cut-Off Circuitry and a design makeover. The updated HV Pro ESCs were specifically developed by Novak for R/C cars, and are ideal to power monster trucks — such as the TraxxasÂ® E-Maxxâ„¢ and E-Revoâ„¢ — converted electric 1/8-scale vehicles and vehicles with massive power needs.
HV PRO BRUSHLESS/BRUSH ESC
Completing the HV Pro Brushless System is the fully programmable HV Pro ESC, which can accommodate 6-14 Ni-Cd/Ni-MH cells (7.2-16.8 volts) or 2S-4S Li-Po and can be wired for dual or single battery packs. This high-power, reversible brushless speed control is also easy to install and operate. The HV Pro uses the same screw pattern as the TraxxasÂ® E-Maxxâ„¢ and E-Revoâ„¢, making it convenient to install, and it includes a Power-Boost ESC Cooling fan kit and factory-installed motor heat sink for superior cooling.In addition, the HV Pro High-Voltage Brushless ESC includes many of the same great features found in high-quality Novak ESCs, such as One-Touch Set-Up, Thermal Overload Protection, a powerful BEC, Polar Drive and Digital Anti-Glitch circuitries and Smart Braking II.
Novak has also done away with the external Li-Po module with the inclusion of the built-in, auto-detect Smart-Stop Li-Po Cut-Off Circuitry. When active, the Cut-Off Circuitry automatically switches to the proper Li-Po cut-off voltage for the connected battery packs, preventing the batteries from going below the critical safety voltage level.
The HV Pro ESCâ€™s makeover doesnâ€™t end there. In addition, the ESC has been updated with black heat sinks for better heat transfer and a new case label. You wonâ€™t mistake this high-voltage system with any other!
In addition to the upgrade to full programmability, Novakâ€™s HV Pro High-Voltage Brushless ESC has been updated to three throttle profiles â€“ two with reverse and one with forward/brake. Each throttle profile has on-board programming for extreme versatility and unmatched customization for Minimum Brake, Drag Brake, Dead Band, Minimum Drive, Throttle Curve, Brake Frequency, Brake Disable, Motor Rotation and Li-Po Cut-Off. These programming features make operating an R/C car as easy as One-Touch set-up. Novakâ€™s new Throttle Curve adjustment allows drivers to tailor the throttle response, creating either a quick burst of power with the Linear Curve setting, or a smoother, controlled low-end power delivery with the Expo Curve setting.
For HV Pro High-Voltage Brushless ESC can be factory wired to one of four HV High-Voltage Brushless Motors with 5mm Shafts (#3524-3527) to create the HV Pro Brushless System with 5mm Rotor (#3024-3027).
HV PRO HIGH-VOLTAGE BRUSHLESS ESC FEATURES
- Three fully programmable throttle profiles (2 with reverse)
- User-friendly interface and 4 different color status LEDs. User can fine-tune one parameter at a time without having to re-enter other parameters
- Nine adjustable parameters: Minimum Brake (10 settings from 0-30%), Drag Brake (10 settings from 0-30%), Dead Band (5 settings from 2-6%), Minimum Drive (5 settings from 1-12%), Throttle Curve (Linear & Expo), Brake Frequency (7 settings from 1-8 kHz), Brake Disable, Motor Rotation and Li-Po Cut-Off
- Easily bolts into the TraxxasÂ® E-Maxxâ„¢ and E-Revoâ„¢ trucks
- Dual-Battery Inputs
- No external receiver pack required when used with dual battery packs
- Locked Rotor Detection Circuitry
- Gold-Plated PCB Direct-Solder Wiring Tabs
- User-Replaceable Input Harness (#5315)
- User-replaceable Power Trans-Cap Module (#5684) for cooler operating temperatures
- Includes Power-Boost ESC Cooling Black Fan kit (#5645)
- Includes factory-installed motor heat sink
- 100 percent Digital Microprocessor-Controlled
- Built-in Smart-Stop Li-Po Cut-Off Circuitry to monitor battery voltage level that automatically detects 2S, 3S or 4S Li-Po batteries
- Novakâ€™s Smart Braking II
- Thermal Overload Protection
- High-power BEC for strong and fast servo response
- Radio-Priority Circuitry for ultimate control
- Polar-Drive Circuitry
- Digital Anti-Glitch Circuitry
- One-Touch Set-Up for quick, easy transmitter setup
- Designed and assembled by Novak in Irvine, Calif., using globally-sourced components
HV PRO HIGH-VOLTAGE BRUSHLESS ESC SPECS
- Input Voltage: 6-14 cells (1.2 volts/cell) or 2S-4S Li-Po cells
- Footprint: 1.75â€ x 2.17â€ x 0.85â€; (44.5 x 55.1 x 21.6 mm)
- Weight (without wires): 4.76 oz. (135 g)
- Throttle Programs: 3 (2 with reverse, 1 without)
- Heavy-duty BEC 6 Volts/3 Amps
- Rated Current: 400 Amps/phase @ 25Â°C MOSFET Temp.
- On-Resistance: 0.0013 x 2 ohms
- Braking Current: 400 Amps/phase @ 25Â°C MOSFET Temp.
- Power Motor/Battery Wire: 14-Gauge Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone
- Motor Limit: any Novak sensor-based 550-size Brushless
- Li-Po Cut-Off Voltage (automatic): 6.25V (2S), 9.375V (3S), 12.5V (4S)
Source : Novak