With input from the top drifters of the world, Novak has developed the specially designed SLYDR Brushless Drift System (#3066-3068). This system includes the new SLYDR Brushless Drift ESC (#1712) factory-wired to one of three, new Novak Drift-Spec Brushless Motors (#3466-3468). These 540-size sensored brushless motors include the Novak 13mm Neodymium Sintered rotor for improved initial throttle response and natural drag brake. The SLYDR Drift ESC, which is based on Novakâ€™s GTB, contains new brake adjustments and features to help fine tune brake response, as well as all new throttle curve adjustments to further customize the already-smooth throttle response.
SLYDR BRUSHLESS DRIFT SYSTEM WINDS
Novakâ€™s SLYDR Brushless Drift Systems are available in three motor winds:
- SLYDR Brushless Drift System â€“ 6.5T (Kv=5,700; Watts=370) provides the most power to light your tires up and excels on large tracks (#3066).
- SLYDR Brushless Drift System â€“ 7.5T (Kv=5,200; Watts=340) is the best all-around-motor with a great balance between power and run time. It also works well on medium-sized tracks (#3067).
- SLYDR Brushless Drift System â€“ 8.5T (Kv=4,500; Watts=280) has the smoothest power response and longest possible run time. The 8.5T is also ideal to use on small tracks (#3068).
DRIFT-SPEC BRUSHLESS MOTORS
Novakâ€™s drift-specific SLYDR is a sensor-based system that is always aware of the rotor position. That knowledge provides the motor with superior starting torque and continuous synchronization for smooth, controlled low-speed driveability and consistent brakes â€“ a must for drifting! The Drift-Spec series of motors also features a shielded sensor cable and a completely rebuildable design.
HV PRO BRUSHLESS/BRUSH ESC
Though the SLYDR Brushless Drift ESC has one throttle profile, the drift-specific ESC is completely programmable and packed with nine customizable parameters. Novakâ€™s new Throttle Curve gives drivers the ability to experiment with three throttle responses â€“ Linear, Expo-1 and Expo-2 â€“ which range between a quick burst of power to a smoother, more controlled low-end power delivery. In addition, the SLYDRâ€™s Brake Frequency adjustment contains seven degrees of adjustability from a smooth and controllable brake to a more abrupt and grabbier feel. The dozens of adjustments allow drivers to fine-tune their vehicleâ€™s throttle braking for better control and advanced drifting.
But the customization doesnâ€™t end with braking. Novak has also built into the ESC Li-Po Cut-Off Circuitry that prevents the batteries from going below the critical safety voltage level and a Motor Rotation feature that allows the user to easily select direction of the motor.
SLYDR BRUSHLESS DRIFT ESC FEATURES
- Fully programmable throttle profile specifically developed for drifting
- Nine adjustable parameters: Minimum Brake (10 settings from 3-50%), Drag Brake (10 settings from 3-50%), Dead Band (5 settings from 2-6%), Minimum Drive (5 settings from 2-12%), Throttle Curve (Linear, Expo-1 and Expo-2), Brake Frequency (7 settings from 1-8 kHz), Reverse, Motor Rotation and Li-Po Cut-Off
- User-friendly interface and 4 different color status LEDs. User can fine-tune one parameter at a time without having to re-enter other parameters
- Based on the Novak GTB Brushless ESC for ultimate brushless motor performance
- Built-in Smart-Stop Li-Po Cut-Off Circuitry Protection to monitor battery voltage level
- Independent programming of Drag Brakes and Minimum Brake for the ultimate braking control
- One-Touch Set-Up for quick, easy transmitter setup
- Smart Braking II enables users to “shift” from forward to reverse
- Compatible with Novakâ€™s 540-size sensored brushless motors down to 5.5 turns
- Gold-Plated PCB Direct-Solder Wiring Tabs
- User-replaceable input harness (#5315) and remote power programming switch (#5602)
- 30x30x6mm cooling fan (#5648) mounted on factory-installed heat sink
- Factory-installed Power Trans-Cap Module (#5679) for cooler operating temperatures
- Water-resistant case
- Locked Rotor Detection and Thermal Overload Protection
- Novakâ€™s Radio-Priority and Polar Drive Circuits
- Meets RoHS compliance and includes 120-Day Warranty
- Designed and assembled by Novak in Irvine, California, using globally-sourced components
SLYDR BRUSHLESS DRIFT ESC SPECS
- Input Voltage: 2S Li-Po cells or 4-6 NiMH cells (1.2V/cell)
- Footprint: 1.16â€ x 1.49â€ (29.5 x 37.8 mm)
- Weight (without wires): 1.36 oz. (38.5 g)
- Motor Limit: 5.5-turn Novak 540-size sensored brushless motor
- On-Resistance: 0.00040 ohms @ 25Â°C trans. temp.
- BEC: 6.0 volts DC / 3.0 amps
- Status LEDs: 4
- Voltage Cut-Off: 6.25V (when Li-Poly Cut-Off Circuitry is enabled)
- Power Wires (battery/motor): 14G Super-Flex Copper-Strand Silicone Wire
DRIFT-SPEC BRUSHLESS MOTOR FEATURES
- Specifically designed for drift vehicles
- Nickel-plated, high-strength 13mm Sintered Neodymium rotor for increased motor acceleration, improved initial throttle response, improved performance in high-temperature conditions, and natural drag brake
- Sensor-based for excellent braking and low-speed driveability
- Shielded sensor cable with sheathed sensor wires
- Oversized front bearing for increased load handling and bearing life
- Lightweight, ribbed end bells
- Provides approximately 20% longer run-times compared to brushed motors
- Direct-Solder Wiring Tabs
- Thermal Overload Protection (when used with Novak SLYDR Drift or GTB ESCs)
- Minimal Maintenance and Low cogging
- Rebuildable design: user-replaceable rotor (#5909) and user-replaceable front end bell/bearing and rear bearing (#5919)
- Meets RoHS compliance and includes 120-Day Warranty
- Designed, hand-wound and dyno-tested by Novak in Irvine, Calif.
DRIFT-SPEC BRUSHLESS MOTOR SPECS
- Turns: 6.5 (#3466), 7.5 (#3467), 8.5 (#3468)
- Design: Sensor-based
- Input Voltage: 2S Li-Po cells or 4-6 NiMH cells (1.2 volts/cell)
- Magnet: 13mm Nickel-plated, Sintered, high-strength Neodymium
- Watts: 370 (#3466), 340 (#3467), 280 (#3468)
- KV (unloaded): 5,700 (#3466), 5,200 (#3467), 4,500 (#3468) RPM/Volt
- Motor Size: 540 Size: 2.08â€ L X 1.41â€ D (52.8 x 35.8 mm)
- Motor Weight: 6.61 oz. (187 g)
- Shaft Diameter: 0.125â€ (3.2 mm) [accepts all existing pinion gears]
- Bearing Size: 1/2â€ x 3/16â€ (12.7×4.8mm)
- Protection: Thermal
Source : Novak